Re: CF: 0.95.1 bug summary [gcfclient]

Anthony Thyssen wrote:

> | > (X)Client bugs:
> | > - shoot+arrow sometimes locks up
> |
> | I've noticed a (somewhat elusive) buffer overrun doing this in gcfclient
> | (not sure if you refer to this or cfclient) and sent in a patch... Does
> | the bug you refer to only affect shooting or also running, "'" and other
> | special keys?
>
> I myself have given up on using gcfclient. It is very nice but when I
> run it on the same machine as the server it is using it seems to just
> have huge delays in response time. The cfclient has no such problems.

Haven't observed this one either. Which version of gtk are 'ya using? What
platform? I've been using gcfclient for quite some time; Other than assorted
keyboard probs which I've been able to fix (the buffer overrun, and then the
.crossfire/keys file isn't quite compatible w/ cfclient) and the ring/pouch thing
you mention below, it's worked fine for me.

Gcfclient is also nice because it looks good when compiled for win32 (cygwin);
cfclient sticks out like a bare thumb in that environment. (I haven't tested the
win32-compiled version halfway as well as I'd like, or I'd post binaries
somewhere).