Re: CF: Re: CF scorn maps

James Cameron on  wrote...
| Anthony Thyssen wrote:
| > You can only specify a single destination for the WHOLE DRAGON!
|
| Oh, it's only a crossedit restriction then?
| Try "vi".  Maybe we need an xemacs map editing mode?

I could and I prefer vi for a lot of things. In fact I used to to
convert all the impassable `sea' items under the piers to `sea1'
(passable ocean).

Then crossedit is too important to abadon. And loading, making a
different change, and saving, could have `unspecified' effects to the
dragon exit codes.

Anyway I removed the `randomness' by specifying a specific `position'
destination in the map.  (middle lower character cell of dragon).
Any more will need to wait for some u-beaut editing feature in the new
editor being  developed.

Ships are also in a simular `boat' (ha ha :-). I could only put
as close to gether as I have by making the `sails' imposible to walk on,
again using the `impassable sea' so prevent adventurers just walking
directly from ship to ship, in a couple of specific places. IE to allow
future mappers to implement ``transport charges'' or some sort or
another.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
Wizard Rincewind on `Attacting Trouble' :-
       "Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, then
    he'd be the sort to stand on a hill top in a thunderstorm wearing wet
    copper armour and shouting,  ``All gods are bastards.''.
					 Terry Pratchet - "The Colour of Magic"
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au