Re: CF: Multi-square exits (was Re: CF scorn maps)

Mark Wedel wrote:
> > Anthony Thyssen wrote:
> > > You can only specify a single destination for the WHOLE DRAGON!
[...]
>  The dragon is considered one logical object.  As one logical object, all
> aspects of it are treated the same.
[...]
>  Trying to setting each of the 6 parts of the dragon to have different exits is
> likely to get unpredictable results, which may change in the future when
> objects are redone.

This problem also occurs with ships: it would be nicer if the player was
transported to the corresponding square on the destination map, not only
to some fixed place.

Suggestion: make multi-square exits point by default to "destination +
offset from head" or something like that.  There could be a flag in the
archetype that would be used to decide if this mechanism should be used
instead of the old mechanism (all squares point to the same destination).
The latter is probably desirable for houses and shops, which are also
multi-square exits.

If this is integrated now and documented, then hopefully this will not
get unpredictable results when objects are redone.  ;-)

If I am not mistaken, it should be enough to add this feature in the
editor, right?

-Raphaël