Re: CF: Please help

Christian Stieber on  wrote...
| Anthony Thyssen (anthony@cit.gu.edu.au) wrote:
| > I'll fix that in another release, and here I thought I was done!
|
| Oh... you are the one doing new Scorn maps :-(
| The problem I have with that is rather simple: why do you replace
| the old (working, balanced) maps, instead of just adding new ones?

Because their are a number of very old and minor bugs all over scorn.
I have tried NOT to affect play balance, or make major changes.
Just fix annoyances.

| > Anyone else out there with annoying scorn problems?
|
| Yarid's house (or whatever it's called... one of the new lowlevel maps in
| Scorn) is buggy (an endless loop... one of the maps has a "./mapname"
| instead of a "mapname"), but other than that I don't think anything
| else needs to fixed.

That one was the one that decided that something should be done to
incorperate suggested scorn changes on the list at that time, AND
fix many bugs at the same time.  And I have added some maps to scorn

A new addition to the prision, the port gate and pass office. Also I
added around 6 maps for map makers to experiment with `gadgets' to
allow for various `timed' actions and events on maps.

| > Suggestion to author.. magic mouths all over...
|
| Eech. _That_'s annoying.

It could be. In fact I would like to see a option for a trigger mouth.
EG: a magic mouth that once triggered will wait for a period before
it can `trigger' again, like trigger gates.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
  A file is private because the person who created it says so...
  If anyone else were to decide, they would have to look at it, and then
  it woundn't be private, would it?     -- John Barnes, ``Orbital Resonance''
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au