Re: CF: Examples of randomly-generated maps:

> Peter Mardahl on  wrote...
> |
> | I've placed 2 gifs of randomly generated maps on my website, at:
> | http://langmuir.eecs.berkeley.edu/~peterm/random_maps.html
> |
> | These are sorta typical.
> |
> Will these map be generated as required by the server?
> If so then you could setup a `infinite dungeon'.

Yes.  And yes.

> EG: down goes to "./mapname" so server creates a new map `deeper'
> in the dungeon from the same file. up is to "../mapname".
>
> Entry and exit will have to be in a particular spot and a special top
> level map created but it can be done :-)
>
> Prehaps map `level' could increase with dungeon depth too :-)

My friend, I've anticipated you.  Dungeons can be MAXINT deep,
(essentially infinite)
and the dungeon "level", or difficulty, is increased with each
recursive map generated.

When the new map is generated, it accepts arguments as to where to place
you when you leave the map.  So connectivity back is assured.
If dungeon_level is less than dungeon_depth, it makes an exit down, too.
This exit down points to another random map, which will be generated
when the exit is used.

An exit can even be given a random_seed, so that the same random map
is generated every time in a given location.

But all this is documented:  get the package and read
docs/RandomMaps.doc

PeterM