Re: CF: Announcing beta release of the random map generator

> Peter Mardahl on  wrote...
> | 	3) nethack-style room-and-corridor maps
> |
> | Conventions for a layout entries:
> | 'C'	a map "center".  Treasures and exits down get stuck on C's.
> | '*'	a door.  A door of type "doorstyle" is placed here.
> | '#'	a wall.  Walls are autojoined with each other.
> | '>'	stairs down (not yet used)
> | '<'	stairs up (not yet used)
> | 0	nothing there.
> |
> | A layout need not generate any 'C', '*', '>', '<': these are optional.
> | '#' and 0
> | are mandatory.
> |

> To do three you will need to specify `impassable blocks' EG, just a
> black square.  In nethack the whole level is created by
>   1/ first filled with black impassable blocks
>   2/ random non-overlaping rectangular rooms added around the place
>   3/ corridors connecting all rooms created.
>   4/ doors added (most of the time) to where corridors meet rooms.
>
> That is about it. The corridors will not have `walls' around them
> making them very hackish. and single wide, (unless two corridors
> happen to appear next to each other).

Do I hear the sound of someone volunteering to do it?  I'd be happy
to integrate a nethack-style layout maker into the code I've already made,
if someone were to give me one.

I've other priorities, however, for the random map generator that I intend
to get to first, before I coded a nethack-style generator myself.

PeterM