CF: Telnet-interface for 0.95.1

Hi,

since I had some time to spent I thought I would add some features that
fell out of crossfire when the X interface was removed -- the ability
to log into crossfire via telnet.

So I took the 0.95.1 server and hacked around a little bit -- the result
of that can be found at
   http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber/crossfire/Socket.tar.gz
There is also a small documentation file.

It is the first version of a socket interface for the 0.95.1 servers.
The current version allows external programs to get various
information from the server (so they don't have to log in a
character). It also allows humans to log in and shout/tell/say
things. More will be added when I feel like it; in particular, dm
features are not yet accessible via the socket interface.

Some code cleanup would also be in order --- the way I'm using
"NewSocket" and "TelnetSocket" should be cleaned up. I haven't done
this yet as it requires cosmetic changes to other parts of the code,
but will do so if the interface makes it into the distribution.

There is also some duplicated code that probably should be removed ---
things like "command_who" and "socket_who" just look too similar.
Again, when I feel like it... :-)

There has been no extensive testing since I don't have a 0.95.x
production server --- maybe 0.95.3?

I'll probably make some programs to get information from the server
for inclusion into webpages. The socket interface also allows programs
to log kills in a clean way (the mr_log client that's running here
is using some dirty tricks to get it's job done), and I intend to
make a logclient for it.

That's all for now... time to do at least a little work on my maps.

Christian

P.S.: the patch also does two minor corrections to the server:
  1) it broadcasts an "foo has entered the game" when somebody
     logs in (we already get the "foo has left the game").
  2) new characters are created peaceful.

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber