Re: CF: Re: Temples of Scorn / New Pantheon

> > > We need temple maps for
> > >      Jehovah  (The New Church?)
> >
> > I thought that we would remove Jehovah and Lucifer and replace them
> > by some other gods, as someone suggested last month.  What's the
> > status of that?
> >

> By now I've tested the changed religions, and they seem to work out well.
> I got several mails concerning the new gods, most seem to approve of the
> changes.

I think the new pantheon is an improvement, in general, and that
it is OK the way it is.  I think it's a bit tough to advance
without a holy word spell:  every religion should have an enemy race of some
sort, IMHO, but I guess it's hard to find appropriate ones.

I also personally favor giving most religions holy word against undead,
but the arguments given against are pretty convincing....  Certainly picking
religions is harder than it was, though I'd probably go with Valriel
and his ability to stomp demons.

In the next couple of weeks I'm going to figure out which religions
should be granted disease spells, and how strong they should be for
even better balancing.  Disease spells can be sorta weak (slowly
affecting one monster) to extremely powerful (lethal and highly
contageous, wiping out everything in the way.)

For religions who have few enemies in the existing map set, well,
that is why I created the random map generator.  We can create
arbitrarily large random areas containing enemy monsters.  These random
maps can be phased out as new, human-generated maps are made.
Human-generated maps will always be better, of course.

> Another point I'd like to discuss though: As it is now (and also in all
> the versions before), it is possible for a character to bless a weapon on
> an altar from his god. Afterwards, he gives the weapon to another
> character (either of the same player, or any other) who follows another

I think that any such weapon blessed should have the 'slaying' field
set to the enemy races, and that if the 'slaying' field exists,
the weapon cannot be blessed.

PeterM