Re: CF: Re: Temples of Scorn / New Pantheon

Anthony Thyssen wrote:
[...]
> Elementals however are definately a ``force of nature' :-)

I agree...  :-)

[...]
> My point exactly.   A range of monsters is needed from one or more
> classes.  One class may be combined another to make a range for one godd
> and with a different class for a different god.

A nice side effect of having to create a good range of monsters for each
god is that they will be directly usable in the random map generator.

> Also as the gods are (or will) be in triplets, then their would be more
> enemys for each god than friends.

That's right.  However, I don't know if it is possible for one god to
have two ennemies (in the archetypes file), because the "title" field
is currently used for storing a single ennemy.  Well, if the code does
not support a list of ennemies, then it is time to add that feature.

> It really needs to be worked out before any final implimentation of the
> new gods.  Especially as people (hopefully) are creating appropriate
> temples for the new gods, to add to (at least initially) scorn. and
> later else where.   More volinters needed.
>
> I had one person willing to do jehova but is now backing out due to god
> changes. Arrrggghhhhh!!!

I don't know who this was, but I already have an example of a temple for
Valriel, the replacement for Jehova.  It is not finished and I will
probably make the map smaller (about the same size as the other two
temples), but if you are interested, you can have a look at a screenshot:
  http://www.gamers.org/~quinet/crossfire/templevalriel.gif

I am doing temples for the other gods as well, but of course that should
not prevent other people from creating temples, because we will also
need temples for the other cities and villages.

-Raphaël