Re: CF: Re: Temples / Maps Update

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rapha=EBl?= Quinet on  wrote...
| On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Anthony Thyssen wrote:
| But since I received several mails (privately and on the list) about
| this problem, I suppose that I have to change something...  I wanted
| to make the map smaller anyway, so maybe I could re-create a church
| that is oriented East-West instead of North-South.  That would allow
| me to use the correct chairs...  But then I will get complaints
| about the orientation of the church in the city map...

As long as the main entrence is on the south I don't think this would be
a main problem.   Ever considered including bell tower :-)
Optional of course :-)

I would like to see prevision for a couple of those small and dark
religious shops as future additions.

The shop does not need to be available yet, but keep it in mind.
Specifically with a view to double to triple priced (offical church
tourist scrolls ;-) remove curse and detect curse scrolls. Maybe even
one or two praybooks, and or holy symbols, especially the ``must have''
holy word prayer.

Not all churches need a shop, Hmm how about ``religious symbols''
like bookmarks, bibles, candles?, chandelers, icons (religious type)
of various saints of the god. etc etc etc.

As I said you don't have to do this now, but facilities for such a future
addition would be good.

| > When will it be available for scorn inclusion :-)
| > As soon as it is I'll make another beta release.
|
| I was planning on finishing four or five of the temples today, but I
| did not have the time to do it yesterday evening.  If real life does
| not interfere too much, I should have something ready by Thursday.

Great, I should have DTabb maps downloaded so as to include that
into the scorn update maps.  I already included the New God Archtypes
in the download area on my web site ready to upload to the
other two download areas.

I would like to see the gods slay lists expanded before final release
though. How about it Gorlin?

| Also, I am having a problem with CrossEdit since I recompiled it: for
| some reason, my window manager (fvwm) refuses to give it the keyboard
| focus, even if I click on the windows.  Has anybody seen that before?
| Note that it worked fine until I recompiled the latest version, and
| nothing has changed in my wm setup.

Sounds like you are missing a ``focus'' X resource.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
     Quazar Dragon (Draco Godawfulus Armageddonus)
         HIT DICE:  All there are
         SIZE:      LARGE!!!!  (120,600 miles from nose to tail)
	 TREASURE:  1d4 Planets may be found in stomach
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au