Re: CF: Re: Temples / Maps Update

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Anthony Thyssen wrote:
> May I suggest you look at the crossedit `archs' and pick the
> chair facing the other direction!

Well, the reason why the chairs are facing backwards is that I tried
first with the chairs facing the other direction and it looked bad.
I was considering rotating the church 90 degrees in order to use the
chairs facing left or right (because these ones do not look so bad),
but then I saw that the zombie church in Scorn had the chairs
facing backwards and I decided to do the same.

But since I received several mails (privately and on the list) about
this problem, I suppose that I have to change something...  I wanted
to make the map smaller anyway, so maybe I could re-create a church
that is oriented East-West instead of North-South.  That would allow
me to use the correct chairs...  But then I will get complaints
about the orientation of the church in the city map...

> When will it be available for scorn inclusion :-)
> As soon as it is I'll make another beta release.

I was planning on finishing four or five of the temples today, but I
did not have the time to do it yesterday evening.  If real life does
not interfere too much, I should have something ready by Thursday.

Also, I am having a problem with CrossEdit since I recompiled it: for
some reason, my window manager (fvwm) refuses to give it the keyboard
focus, even if I click on the windows.  Has anybody seen that before?
Note that it worked fine until I recompiled the latest version, and
nothing has changed in my wm setup.

-Raphaël

P.S.: Sorry for the empty mail.  I had some aiming problems while
      trying to reach the "quote" button, and I hit "send" instead.
      I have to increase my exp. in mouse pointer skills.