Re: CF: Acid Spheres?

R.Balasubramanian (mani@chipmunk.ee.iitm.ernet.in) wrote:

> How does one make a weapon 'of Jehovah'?

You must be follower of Jehova. Wield a weapon and pray while standing
on an altar with no other garbage on that square. It might take a
while, and it might not work at all if you don't have enough wisdom
level/grace.  It usually works once you are wisdom level 10, and it
might work before that.

>  Can I use a weapon of another God?

Yes. However, if that god is an enemy of yours (such as Jehova -
Lucifer), do not pray on an altar while wielding the weapon. Your
god won't like it, and he'll send uncontrolled mana.

> Where can I get a skull cleaver?

A skull cleaver is a random artifact. There is no guaranteed skullcleaver
in the game (AFAIK). The classic places for newbies to get random artifacts
are:
- the titan. He is in the castle north of navar city
- the bloodwell in Stoneville (dragon island).
The titan is no problem once your can summon an avatar.
The bloodwell is no problem if you can handle demons hitting you. The
demons don't have wands or anything. The dragon in the well is no danger
since there are usually two or three demons -- one of them will (almost
always) pickup the artifact, so the best thing is to cast earthwalls to
keep the dragon inside his cage and let the demons out. That's the idea.

> What can I do against a acid sphere?  I either hit it with karate, taking
> lots of damage, or if there are only a few, summon a golem to hit them.

Either that, or use ranged weapons: spells such as magic
bullets/missiles (maybe lightning --- never tried it), or
arrows/bolts. Later in the game you will get acid immunity and
protection (usually ring of elements + cloak of darkness), at which
point acid is no threat anymore.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber