Re: CF: 'invoke command feature

Hwei Sheng TEOH wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I read in some mailing-list message some time ago about a feature of the
> 'invoke command that is currently removed:
>         'invoke a
> was supposed to list all spells that started with 'a', etc.. I wonder why
> this feature was removed?? I thought this was a pretty handy feature,
> especially when my character has learned about two pages worth of spells.
> It's quite annoying to have to scroll back everytime I'm looking for a spell
> that appears at the top of the list.

  I just looked at the code.  It appears that feature was lost when some other
enhancements were done - the change that was done a while back overwrote a
returned value, and it was that returned value that determined if we should do
partial spell matching or show all the spells.

 I added a temp variable to keep track fo that return value, so that the spell
matching happens again.  This has been checked into the CVS, file is
server/input.c

> Also, does this feature support prefix-matching too? So that, for example,
>         'invoke create
> would list all the creation spells, etc..

 It will match any spells that started with the same letters provided.  So 'cast
protection would list all the protection type spells (assume they are named
"protection from fire" and not "fire protection"