Re: CF: Mailing list and website

Quoting Peter Mardahl (peterm@tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU):

> I think real-time would be a good place for the list.  I second
> Bob's proposal of moving the list there.
>
> And by the way, I've taken a look at the web site off and on, and
> I sometimes notice that things are pretty out-of-date.
>
> I propose that we put the whole website under CVS on boltzmann
> as well as the source repository.  Real-time would still serve it,
> but everyone with CVS access could maintain/extend the crossfire web page.
>
> You could set up a crontab on an account with CVS access to do
> a nightly "CVS Update", and in this manner, all developers could
> help maintain the web site.

The entire site is developed in NetObjects Team Fusion and leaf@real-time.com
maintains this site.

I am sure you have hurt his pride by saying it's out of date :-) But I am also
sure if you tell him what is out of date he will fix it immediately.

I tend to disagree about having the web site in CVS and allowing many people
to maintain it. We tried (are trying) this with the netrek code and too many
cooks (developers) spoil the broth.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500