Disease spells! What? "Ebola" shouldn't be enabled.

I wrote the disease code, and a previous poster was absolutely
correct:

EBOLA AND SOME OF THE OTHER DISEASE SPELLS ARE RIDICULOUSLY POWERFUL
AND SHOULD NOT BE ENABLED.

Except for testing by developers.

When I originally did the code, I wrote several disease spells of
varying power.  I left the really deadly ones inaccessible and
unusable to players (unless they cheat).

I NEVER intended EBOLA or the other really contageous ones to be
used without their power being carefully tuned.

To the best of my knowledge, these spells are inaccessible
to players in the current version of the server:  were you
using that?

Anyway, my intention was to tune these spells, make them
reasonable, and give them to Priests of religions which
had weaker attributes and would have difficulty advancing
without an attack spell or two.

I was going to wait for input on which religions needed balancing
from people who actually play the game instead of just hacking on
it.  No one bothered to send me comments like :

"Gaean priests really suck rocks.  Can't advance them past level 5
because they've got no way to gain exp.  They could use a
moderately powerful attack spell."

Then they would get a moderately powerful disease-causing spell....
I would modify one of Ebola, Anthrax,

That was the idea anyway.

PeterM