Re: CF: New Pickup Code Proposal

"Darren O. Benham" wrote:

> My base point is the latest release (0.95.5).  I can go into some dungeon or
> another and kill the monsters.  Then set to mode 6 and walk over everything
> and I'll pickup a bunch of weapons and armor (at least) that have not been
> identified but will later show magic when I get them back to the store to
> sell them.

 I just ran against a test map, and pickup mode worked as expected.

 Two items on the ground - one magical, one not.  Neither identified or cast
magic on them.  Walk over both with pickup mode 6, and neither get picked up.

 Cast detect magic, and walk over both again.  The magic one is picked up.

 This code has not changed in quite a while.

 I don't disagree with your anecdotal experience.  What is probably happening is
some monster out there is casting detect magic or the like, so as you walk over
the stuff, you pick it up.  I have a feeling that there is probably lots of
magical stuff left on the map that you did not pick up,

 Note that the items do not need to be identified for the magical mode to work
properly, only detect magic needs to get cast on them.

 The point here is that the code is working properly, so it is no cheat and the
code can get reused.