one mailing list

Since the purpose of switching to the new mail list was to solve
the problem of being able to unsubscribe from the old mailing
list, can we please send mail only to the new list so that people
only get one message?  The normal solution of unsubscribing from
the old list is obviously not a viable option.

If there is a message received on the old list then I suggest
that the sender be copied on the response sent to the new list.
The response should not be crossposted to the old list.

BTW, I would not object to weekly mailings on the old list stating
that this mail list has been superceded with the new mailing list.