Re: CF: Upgrading server and maps

> Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 01:02:28 -0500
> From: Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>
>
> I want to move our internal crossfire server to a new machine.
>
> Durning this time I want to upgrade the core code and maps. BUT I know my
> players will be totally freaked out if I cannot restore the apartments.
>
> I am not 100% sure what files I need to copy for the apartments. Both the
> perm apartments and the individual (expensive) apartments.

I believe the perm apartments are just a map that never resets.  If
you copy your temporary map files, and of course their index file,
those "should" remain intact.  I think.  If anyone else can confirm or
correct this, please do.

The individual apartments are stored in the player's own directory, so
you won't have to do anything special there.

--
            -Dave Noelle,                 dave@Straylight.org
            -the Villa Straylight,  http://www.straylight.org

Disclaimer:
This has been a public service announcement brought to you by the makers of
Fat-Free Nutra-Sweet Coated Decaf-Coffee Crunch cereal!  New and Improved
with "I Can't Believe It's Not Lard"(tm) synthetic fat-substitute!