Re: Mailing list redo.

Quoting Mark Wedel (mwedel@scruznet.com):
>  crossfire-announce: For announcement of new versions.  Not that frequently
> used. Moderated list in which only I (or the tanners) can send mail out on.
>
>  crossfire-cvs:  Messages about updates to the cvs repository.  This can be
> useful for people running servers who want to see what may have changed to
> determine if they do an update, but don't want all the discussion.  Also, it
> would be very easy to modify the cvs repository so all commits are automatically
> sent to this list (the info on them), which might be another reason to keep it
> seperate.  Peter - I can provide the details on how to do that.

I sent similar info to Peter with a perl script we use internall for posting
commits made to our cvs server.

>  crossfire-developers:  More technical list about the
>  developement/programming of crossfire.  Discussion of creation of maps
>  would also apply here.  bugs would also be sent to this list.  This could
>  potentially be subdievided further (probably down the road) based on maps,
>  client, server, editor, and any other major pieces.

I did crossfire-devel, that ok? I also went on your first email and did
crossfire-devel, but not crossfire-cvs and ask Peter to forward commits to
crossfire-devel.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500