Re: [CF:1340] Problems with mailing list

Quoting Jan Echternach (jan.echternach@informatik.uni-rostock.de):
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 02:02:24PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> > Reply-To can be forged, so this 'silly' software sends email to whatever
> > address you subscribed to the mailing list.
>
> Well, the last time I had to deal with such mailing lists
> (unsubscribing after my From: had changed from user@domain.de to
> user@host.domain.de) I just forged the From: header.  This isn't even
> security by obscurity, because it's not obscure - it's obvious that you
> only need to supply a properly forged From: header to bypass such silly
> checks.
>
> There are already solutions used that really solve the problem:
> Sending a confirmation email or requiring a password.

This ezmlm uses the From, not the From:, and if you send a message to
rte-crossfire-help you will see how to fix your problem.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (612)943-8500