Re: [CF:1371] Resurrection

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Peter Mardahl wrote:

> I believe "raise dead" and "resurrection" require corpses of
> dead players, or headstones or something like that.  I wrote
> them so long ago that I'm not really clear on it anymore.
>
> I think "raise dead" brought someone back with 1 hp, and
> maybe stat/experience loss, and resurrection did better than
> that.

So it seems. "raise dead" has a fair casting level, and can be made to
work. Resurrection clearly needs some modifications. Neither show up in
stores - is there some flag that needs to be set in order for it to do
so?

> The "reincarnation" spell didn't require the corpse of the
> player in order to work.

Neat. Haven't looked at that one.

> So far as I know, no one has worked on the resurrection spells
> for a very long time, it being a pretty unpopular way to play
> crossfire.

I guess, AFAIK I am the only one running a server with
PERM_DEATH/RESURRECTION enabled. However, I think it's a fun way to
play. You clearly would not take the kind of risks you normally would, but
on the other hand, dying won't hurt that much as long as you can dig up a
hi-level wiz. As it is now, however, digging up a lvl 200 wizard is kinda
hard.

---[ erik gjertsen ]--------- -    - -      -          -
---[ PGP: http://erik.subnett.no/pgp.txt ]- -     -       -