Re: CF: Split engine vs rules?

I think the primary goal of reorganizing engine vs rules logic should
be to allow testing the rules and design of a map without having to
play it.

It should be possible to design and test a map without having to
play.  This is important to both the map designers and CF programmers.
It would allow the map designer to test out map features without
having to create a character with the particular abilities and items
needed to achieve some effect during game play.  Such testing would
also allow CF programmers to verify code changes do not break map
functionality.

It should be possible to place any object including spells at any
map square and then step forward the execution of the items.

I suppose I am suggesting a separation more along the lines of
map and items vs player interaction.

						sdw