CF: Re: Split engine vs rules?

Hallo
Scott Wedel <scott@campy.tymnet.com> wrote
>I think the primary goal of reorganizing engine vs rules logic should
>be to allow testing the rules and design of a map without having to
>play it.

>It should be possible to design and test a map without having to
>play.  This is important to both the map designers and CF programmers.
>It would allow the map designer to test out map features without
>having to create a character with the particular abilities and items
>needed to achieve some effect during game play.  Such testing would
>also allow CF programmers to verify code changes do not break map
>functionality.
Suggestion: Implement some code in crossfire, that allows only (one)
specific player to move around and handle things. No monsters should move/do
something. All
other things can be activated. So you need not to play, only to move around
and see if buttons, generators (in some sense) and other things are active/
in place. The monsters would'nt be agressive. That would allow testing
of all things but the monsters.

in process_players[12]
That should be easy.

Bis dann
Klaus

--
"Sure, vi is user friendly.
 It's just particular about who it makes friends with." ;-)

PGP signature