Re: CF: Unique quests

I think a basic problem with unique quests is that it is a bit
of an oxymoron in a multiplayer game that refreshes it's maps.
Either the quest maps should have a PERMAQUEST attribute which
means once they have been played then they are done or they get
refreshed and people can play them again.

I believe the best way to prevent players from repeating a quest
is to greatly reduce the reward at the end.  Or to be more specific,
have very little random treasure at the end of a quest.  Thus, a
player can repeat a quest with the expectation to acquire what
they have already acquired.

Thus, instead of acquiring desired artifacts by the random artifact
treasure square, one has to find the quest with that artifact and
do that quest.

And personally, I have no problem with the idea that the only
treasure for a particular quest is a key that opens the front door
to some other quest.  The game gets too easy as one advances and
part of that problem is that there is too much frigging treasure
at the end of quests and in advanced maps in general.  A perfectly
balanced quest would destroy much of the player's gear and have
the player thinking it was worth it only if they played it well.

							sdw