Re: CF: Re: apply() cleanup

> I have ecountered much more defect maps and i personaly think that
about 30%
> or more
> have
> - bugs from game system changing in it
> - releated maps where changed
> - where untestet
>  - the map designer haven't finished his job
> - The game changed and the map playing not
> - the map is shit :)

> I play alot pupland and Lake Coutry, one of my favorite map sets.

> LC maps are one of the best and have a whole set of good quests,
> but there was a mass of exploits in.

Pup_land is a great area as well, at least idea-wise. :-)  There are
exploits and/or surprising secrets all over the place as well in
addition to the many "think like the map creator" aggravations (see
prior thread).  Of course, one thing that's just plain annoying in
pup_land is the raffle-like nature of some of the high-end quests--
complete them, and you still have only a 1 in 2, 1 in 4 or worse
chance of actually obtaining the real prize (i.e. lever of fortune in
the Atelier of Artifacts, Lord Eureca quest).  And don't even think
about tackling the trickier areas without some dust of Ibn Gahzi...
too many invisible exits, pedestals, trapdoors, etc. on unholy ground.

> Here are some are remember:

[snip]

> - In the study (i fixed the prison map for my server) Wist don't
appear, the
> mashine for it
> was way to complicate ( first time i see it i must think about kermit
and
> his "what happens then"
> mashine... (don't know the right eords in english)).

Reminds me of a series of drawings by Rube Goldberg, or maybe the DOS
game from Sierra, "The Incredible Machine".  There's a truly amusing
bug in /pup_land/ancient/ruin/house2 ... there are two
lightningwall-gates-and-a-scroll-on-a-button machines (latching AND
gates) placed too close together (no blocked square between), and the
second lightningwall's bolt reflects off the first gate, back over
itself, and toasts the first machine's scroll... oops.

[snip]

> I have a public server for playing and testing and i want debug the
Lake
> Country maps and write down the story line
> there... Lord Butakis und Sunset Castle for example.

[snip]

I'm considering making my server public as well.  I'm currently
running the 0.95.5 release code base, and in the process of trying to
integrate my local patches into a recent CVS snapshot.

Unfortunately I still can't seem to get on the main list at
crossfire@ifi.uio.no so I'm posting this to the
rte-crossfire@listserv.real-time.com sublist, hoping it reflects back
through the main list.

Jeffrey Hantin