CF: Fwd: Race & Skills

http://invites.yahoo.com/

I have been watching the debate on skills with interest, and I have a
related suggestion of my own.

There was talk a while ago about splitting race and class at startup and
I think it would be best to make this change at the same time as a new
skills arrangement.

Basically:

Each beginning player would choose his/her race at startup. My
suggestions are:

Human, Elf, Dwarf, Orc, Undead, Demon, Elemental, Dragon.

With perhaps mixes allowed:
Half-Elf, Half-Orc (others?)

And to facilitate that change I would be happy to make starting maps for
each race, with links to (or around) Scorn.

The starting maps would consist of a few simple tasks, with rewards of
starting gear. Some signs with instructions an altar for an appropriate
god, and some food + money etc.

I would also like to see the long-awaited for addition of a "recall
location" in the player structure, which is set to the last altar prayed
over.

As for the title of player: I suggest a table/scale based on the highest
skill level.

For a character whose highest skill level is in physical (melee_weapons)

Level   Title
1-5     Fighter
6-10    Warrior
11-15   Paladin
16-20   Knight
21-25   Lord etc

Or something (I am not attached to these levels or names)
Or for a character whose greatest skill is in Magic

Level   Title
1-5     Mage
6-10    Magician
11-15   Summoner
16-20   Spellcaster
21-25   Wizard etc

So, a characters "class" is really just a title that says what he is
most proficient at.
(I can see similar tables for each skill)

Suggestions?
Comments?

Johnc & Co.