Re: CF: Re: Wizard Crashes

On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 05:21:04AM -0700, John Cater wrote:
> I think it may be when a wizard summons something like a vampire...

Thanks for this hint.  I could reproduce the problem now.  The wizards
are not the problem.  It's a vampire that is crashing the server.
Vampires

  a) can have weapons
  b) can have the animate weapon spell

which means that animate_weapon() doesn't return early and gets to the
point where it crashes the server reliably.  There are some unconditional
esrv_send_item() calls...

I won't have time to do anything about this until Sunday or Monday.

--
Jan