TCLUG Announcements

visit by Amanda Developers

Hi,

Sistina Software, Inc. and the University of Minnesota are
sponsoring a visit by two of the developers of the Amanda
open source tape backup program, Alexandre Oliva and
John Jackson (who wrote the section on Amanda in the O'Reilly
backup book).

John and Alexandre will be speaking at the University on
the evening of Thursday, June 1st at 7:00-9:00pm.  I have not yet
confirmed this,  but for now assume the meeting will be held
in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science building,
in room EE/CS 3-210 (I will post another note if this changes).

Pizza will be served before the meeting, from 6:30-7:00pm.
Please email Laurie Conn at "lconn89@hotmail.com" if you plan
to attend, as I will need a head count.  We'll probably go out
for beers after the Amanda talk at the Big 10, right on
Washington Avenue down from the EE/CS building.

You can find a map to the EE/CS building at the following URL
(click on "Map" in the frame): http://www.lcse.umn.edu/facilities.html

Regards,
Matt O'Keefe
U. of Minnesota and Sistina Software