TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:12] Java getopt classes?

Quoting Perry Hoekstra (dutchman@uswest.net):
> Bob Tanner wrote:
> >
> > I am looking for tha getopt-like class(es) for Java. I really miss this niffty
> > little library when I migrated from C/C++ to Java.
> >
> > I'd really like to find something like getopt_long(3) functionality.
> >

> Not that I can help you, but can you explain what a getopt_long(3) does?

Got a linux box? :-)

man 3 getopt

       The  getopt()  function parses the command line arguments.
       Its arguments argc and argv are  the  argument  count  and
       array  as passed to the main() function on program invoca-
       tion.  An element of argv that starts with `-' (and is not
       exactly "-" or "--") is an option element.  The characters
       of this element (aside from the initial  `-')  are  option
       characters.   If getopt() is called repeatedly, it returns
       successively each of the option characters  from  each  of
       the option elements.

       The getopt_long() function works like getopt() except that
       it  also  accepts long options, started out by two dashes.
       Long option names may be abbreviated if  the  abbreviation
       is unique or is an exact match for some defined option.  A
       long option may take a parameter, of the form  --arg=param
       or --arg param.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700