TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:93] Ptah

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 08:54:16PM -0600, John R. Sheets wrote:

> Just curious, but what are your thoughts about automake?  I've heard
> that automake does have some limitations, but I haven't experienced
> them firsthand.  Did you run into a wall with automake too?  It can be
> a little cryptic at first, but IMHO is a very powerful, simplifying
> tool.

	It's a powerful, simplifying tool if you want the standard GNU
targets, and don't have recursive makes that have dependencies between
subdirectories.  It's main purpose is to make it easy to generate
makefiles that have the standard GNU targets.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature