TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:189] Swing components in IE or Netscape

Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com> writes:

> Quoting Jon Schewe (jpschewe@eggplant.mtu.net):
> > Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com> writes:
> >
> > > Without requiring the Java Plug-in is there anyway to use Swing components in
> > > applets with Netscape or IE?
> > >
> > If they have jdk1.2 JVM's which 4.0+ do, you can just use them.  You ahve to
> > use the javax.swing imports rather than com.sun.java.swing though.  Those are
> > the new packages.
>
> Really? I have Netscape 4.6 and none of the swing stuff works, I get errors
> with the Event model swing uses.

Can you post the errors from the java console?  I do remember there being some
issues with the event queue, but those should be able to be ignored.  That or
look on the developer connection for ways to get rid of them.
--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe