TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:189] Swing components in IE or Netscape

Quoting Jon Schewe (jpschewe@eggplant.mtu.net):
> Can you post the errors from the java console?  I do remember there being some
> issues with the event queue, but those should be able to be ignored.  That or
> look on the developer connection for ways to get rid of them.

Sorry, I upgraded to 4.7 Netscape, linux and this is the error I get now. :-)

# Verifier error
# javax/swing/SwingUtilities.doPrivileged(Ljava/lang/Runnable;)V: Cannot find
# class java/security/PrivilegedAction
java.lang.VerifyError: javax/swing/SwingUtilities
  at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass(ClassLoader.java:269)
  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:347)
  at
  at javax.swing.RepaintManager.currentManager(RepaintManager.java:72)
  at javax.swing.JComponent.repaint(JComponent.java:3414)
  at java.awt.Component.repaint(Component.java:1307)
  at javax.swing.JLabel.setText(JLabel.java:310)
  at javax.swing.JLabel.<init>(JLabel.java:135)
  at javax.swing.JLabel.<init>(JLabel.java:168)
  at DaytimeApplet.init(DaytimeApplet.java:77)
* at
* netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$InitAppletEvent.dispatch(DerivedAppletFrame.java:553)
  at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread$EventPump.dispatchEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:81)
  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:135)
  at
netscape.applet.DerivedAppletFrame$AppletEventDispatchThread.run(DerivedAppletFrame.java:911)

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700