Re: [TCLUG:16986] upgrading Debian

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Ben Kochie wrote:

> also make a file called /etc/apt/apt.conf and include this:
> APT {
>   Get {
>    Show-Upgraded "true";
>   }
> }
> it will output a list of things to upgrade

...but I don't think this will work with apt on a stock slink install. I
think the show-upgraded (known to the command line as -u) wasn't added
until a slightly later version.

> once dist-upgraded, you will probably only have to do an 'apt-get upgrade'
> any time you need to upgrade.
...unless you leave it on, say, frozen for a while and then want to switch
to unstable again. But basically, yes.

Pacem in Terris / Mir / Shanti / Salaam / Heiwa
Kevin R. Bullock