Re: [TCLUG:16986] upgrading Debian

In theory, afterinstalling you never have to run dselect. But dselect is
still handy for looking up packages. I usually screen dselect and build an
apt-get install package1 package2 package3 packageX on the next screen.
Useful when you want to go software hunting in the console.

Theres also aptitude, but I haven't felt like learning another interface
lately. Gnome-Apt kinda works, at least it doesn't break your system
anymore.