Re: [TCLUG:16986] upgrading Debian

Tim Sandquist wrote:

> Stormix, which is based on debian, has a nice gui package manager
> too.  I'm not sure if the gnome-apt repackaged or what.
> Stormix is pretty cool.  I think I'll probably use that for the
> base of my next machine, and upgrade to the latest frozen debian.

I have to agree on Stormix. I received the CD in the mail with my
SysAdmin magazine and didn't think anything of it. Then I thought I
would try it just for the heck of it and was really impressed. RH could
learn a few things. Their GUI installer was REALLY simple and easy. I
think I'm going to have to test out the text installer next.

--
Clay Fandre
Twin Cities Linux Users Group