Re: [TCLUG:17041] <OT:anti-M$> *scary* stuff...

Nick.T.Reinking@supervalu.com wrote:
> I think this is one of those things where you can choose
> an option in some program to allow those types of
> programs to have more power on your machine.
> You know how when you launch a signed application from
> the web?  There is usually a check box that says:
> __ Trust all applications from XXXXXX company.  So that
> it doesn't have to ask for permissions to run executables
> from their website.
> I don't think this is some subversive attempt by Microsoft
> to brainwash you.

But the stupidity of evaluating trust using financial criteria makes it
sound like the entity broadcasting this meme has a lot of money. And
they want to leverage that money to gain your trust, regardless of their
worthiness.

> And be a little more mature.

I don't think this reflects upon a person's maturity unless they are
doing it "to be cool". It may be to express an opinion that Microsoft is
all about making a buck and not truly concerned about it's customers
wishes (or at least the one making the comment).

> Spelling Microsoft/MS as
> Micro$oft, or M$, or having Winblows isn't exactly the
> best sort of image I think TCLUG wants to present to
> the world.

Members of the list don't necessarily represent "the list" or "it's"
opinions or reflect "it's" image. These things belong to the list
member. That doesn't mean you can't speak out when there is a good
reason, but "for the sake of the image of this list" doesn't cut it in
my book".

A happy day to all,

Troy

--

The Bermuda Triangle got tired of warm weather.  It moved to
Alaska.  Now Santa Claus is missing.