Re: [TCLUG:17041] <OT:anti-M$> *scary* stuff...

Seriously, tho, I'd like to make a point.  It seems to me
that the vast majority of these highly intelligent Linux
users can't keep a Windows box going at all.  You'd
think that some of the smartest computer people out
there wouldn't find this so difficult.

I have had both Windows boxes that have been up
for a couple months, and Linux boxes that have been
up for a couple months all the time.  (I make a lot of
hardware upgrades, so don't give me the "I've had
uptimes of 13 years" thing).  What seems to be the
problem, here?

I'm running Win2k on my PIII 600E (overclocked to 800!)
on my desktop at home, and it is rock-solid stable.
Additionally, I push my machines a lot harder than
the vast majority of users out there.  I also have a Linux
box running Slackware on a PPro 200 with an off-brand
motherboard, and it seems to be running rock-solid,
also.  Neither one of these was terribly difficult to get
going and running.  Why do all you obviously smart
folks have so much trouble?   ;)

Nick Reinking

carls@agritech.com, on 05/02/2000 01:01:07 PM