Re: [TCLUG:17041] <OT:anti-M$> *scary* stuff...

Nick.T.Reinking@supervalu.com wrote:
> >Checking this box means that software that is correctly
> >signed by any commercial software publisher can be
> >installed on your system without first asking for your
> >approval.
>
> Again, this isn't saying that commercial software is all
> trustworthy.  It says you can click the checkbox, and
> say that any software signed by Microsoft/Verisign/whoever
> is - but it's not asserting that that is the truth.

It is probably splitting hairs, and we should probably just kill this
thread, but though it doesn't explicitly state (money == trust), I
believe it is definitely implied. That might be because _I_ would have
to trust someone to let them install software on my computer without
asking. It could be that it is just me, :-/

Troy

--

I had a friend who was a clown...  when he died, all his friends went to
the