Re: [TCLUG:17072] Rebuttal

This was said earlier in the thread...

> > One final point. The level of technical knowledge of MS products seems
> > to be very low in this group. This may be due, in part, to the tendency
> > of Linux users to break out in hives when brought in close proximity
> > to a MS operating system.

I would disagree with the first part of this statement.  There are
people here who, like it or not, do work in the various Microsoft
environments and are technically competent in that regard.  I doubt
you will see much in the way of technical discussions about Microsoft
products here because that is not the focus of the group.  A high
percentage of the Linux user community is still quite technical.
Technical people tend to tackle technical problems and dig deeper
than the average user would to do so.  Unfortunately, the Microsoft
OS environment requires that frequently, and technical people,
regardless of their bias are definitely up to the task (though
there may be less intrinsic satisfaction in doing so).

Tony B