RE: [TCLUG:17130] Dreamweaver (was: <OT:anti-M$> *scary* stuff...)

	Thanks for the Photoshop info.  The only thing I know about it is
its spelling.

	Does the PSD format use proprietary algorhythms? The GIF format
does.

> Or Dreamweaver:
>
> Well, Dreamweavers proprietary format for saving files
> is HTML, a poorly documented proprietary language.  :P

	Well, it does make use of proprietary "extentions" to HTML that seem
to be problematic, but that's not really a Dreamweaver issue.

> The only thing is a bit weak is Office applications, most
> importantly Microsoft Word.  I think a lot of the translating
> problems for Linux apps is the OLE streams, which are kinda
> funky.  But doesn't GNUmeric use the Excel format?

	I think it uses the attributes of the excel format that are known,
but not the unknown ones.  And definitely not the macro stuff.

	Mark