Re: [TCLUG:17217] mutt settings

>example, assuming sendmail format:
>set sendmail="/usr/lib/sendmail -oi -oem -fcarls@agritech.com"

the sendmail man page says that the -f<name> is usually reserved for
priveledged users. i gave it a try, and it allowed me to rewrite my address
that way; but did give an "X-Authentication-Warning" that it had been
rewritten. (and I see that yours does as well).

now how do I set this to be system-wide? Is there an "outgoing aliases" file
somewhere? (i'm sure one can be made, if nothing else).
this would seem to be a fairly common situation; so there should be an easy
fix for it.

>I used them for a day or two before switching to a macro for fetchmail:
>macro index G "!fetchmail\n"
>macro pager G "!fetchmail\n"

        ah, sensible. where is the macro syntax documented?

        Mutt *really* needs a configuration tool. or at least docs
(preferably man pages, distributed with every copy); that describe *every*
option. (the SAMBA docs are a good example of how to write documentation).

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (763) 682-1091