Re: [TCLUG:17204] X 4.0 and fonts

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 05:44:20PM -0500, Tim Sandquist wrote:

> You have to load modules for different font rasterisers.
> For Type1 fonts, for instance, you need to load the 'type1'
> module.  (I found this out looking at the man page for
> XF86Config)  I'm sure you have to load a module for TT
> fonts as well but I'm not sure what the name of it is.

Aye.  You are correct.  However, both the 'type1' module and the
'freetype' module are in the XF86Config file...  I'll have to dig through
the startup messages and make sure it's actually loading 'em.

Ben

--
Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana.
First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the