mutt was: Re: [TCLUG:17203] linux apps was: RE: [TCLUG:17130] Dreamweaver

>That's an MTA issue.  Your MUA only has control over the 'reply-to'
>headers and the like.  The actual 'from' is out of it's control.  I could
>tell you how to do it in about 3 seconds with qmail...

actually, not entirely; because I can rewrite my "From:" address in mutt by
hand, each time I send a message (and it works). I want that done
automatically.
        doing it in Sendmail (or whatever your MTA is) is the best way, tho;
because then when one uses plain 'mail' or 'mailto' or mails something with
GIMP (which I suppose uses mailto); it'll rewrite those headers as well.

also; mutt insists on sending the body of the message as a MIME text
attachment. out of good netiquette, I would prefer it just put in as plain
text. how do I make it work that way?

anyone have experience with Mutt's POP3 features? are they any good?

I really should get off my lazy butt and work on this stuff instead of
IRCing and web browsing when I'm booted into Linux...

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (763) 682-1091