boot off SCSI cdrom

Before I bought a new machine I was able to get this drive/card combination to
boot, but now I cannot.  I've got a Fireport 40 with 2 cdrom drives, one a
plextor cdrw and a pioneer.  I've got a Tyan Tiger 100 dual board.  I used to
have an Acer Open single board.  When the system boots with a bootable cd in
the drive the SCSI bios notices that the disc is bootable and states that it's
becoming drive A and my regular floppy drive is becoming B, just like it
always has.  However the system BIOS still boots off the hard drive rather
than the cdrom.  Anyone got any ideas?  What other information might be helpful?
--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe