More Love Bug

I know that I'm not the only one who is concerned by what was said at
today's TCLUG meeting about the Love Bug and it's (non-)impact on the
policies at many organizations. (Global Filesystem was an interesting
topic, BTW, and probably deserves a thread of it's own *nudge* *nudge*)

I know this could end up being a high-bandwidth thread, but I think it
is important for all of us to share information on how different
organizations are handling this problem.  Many of us saw very little or
no impact due to the bug, and others got hit very hard.  Even a Linux
user or two has been caught in the teeth of this thing.  I know that a
lot of us want to just point our fingers and laugh at those silly
Windows users, but there is something to be said for helping out those
who have fallen.

As a Linux user who hasn't been hit at all by the bug, I don't have a
whole heck of a lot to say on the subject.  Those of you that have been
``in the trenches'' over the past few days probably have much greater
insights than I could ever provide.  However, I will say that I think
people should switch away from Outlook if at all possible, and that I've
heard that Pegasus Mail [http://www.pegasus.usa.com/] could be a good
freeware replacement.  Does anyone have experience with that piece of
software?

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Double your drive space -