RE: [TCLUG:17351] pgsql

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/RPMS/redhat-6.x/

has the RPMS,  I chose the ones with "nl" (no locale)  I don't need it,
unless you know why you need it, you won't.

install the RPMS

you should then be able to do a

/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start

it should then initialise the stuff as the first time.

There will be docs in the /usr/doc/postgresql-XXX

to create a database log in as postgres and do a

createdb "database_name"

then you can do a psql "database_name"

Let me know if you need more help.

Mark