Re: [TCLUG:17357] XFree86 and Hercules monochrome

> From: Gabe Turner (officer) <dopp@acm.cs.umn.edu>
>
> Well, I'm not aware of a distro that has X 4.0 thrown in (though, I only use
> Slackware, so I'm not aware of what is in the other distros).  However, if
> you're not sure which version of X a distro is including, just opt NOT to
> install the X packages and download and install an older version of X.

That's why I'm asking what the latest version of X that supports the
Hercules monochrome card.  The XFree86 site doesn't facilitate searching
by card for what card was supported when.

I'm hoping somebody on this list knows, because the documentation currently
available at the site doesn't seem to easily answer the question.

Checking Deja.com, the question came up as recently as this year without
a good answer.  What I need is a source of documentation for XFree 3.3.1
and 3.3.2, which does not appear to be online at the XFree86 site.

dsc