Re: [TCLUG:17423] short description of the Internet

>Hmmmm... does "talking on the telephone" as a metaphor work?
>(When you click on your browser for a page, it makes a really fast phone
>call to a server computer....  ftp is like leaving or retrieving a voice mail
>... telnet is like..... etc.)

        I don't know about that... the similarity doesn't seem very obvious
to me (then again, I never claimed to like or understand telephones, so I'm
a bit biased.):)

>BTW, are you going to have any pictures or diagrams?

hadn't immediately planned on it; probably ASCII art at best.

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (763) 682-1091