Re: [TCLUG:17423] short description of the Internet

I've found that many people think of "the Internet" and their "computer" in
terms of what they use the box for, rather than how they work. Any attempt
to tell them otherwise only causes problems.

For example: Recently, I discussed with my uncle (recently retired
professor) the topic of the computer. He asked me what I thought a computer
was. I told him that it was fundamentally a machine that processed
mathematical functions. He said "no, it's a box that holds information and
allows people to communicate with each other."

You say tomato...

"Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom" <carls@agritech.com>
05/09/2000 09:11 AM MST
Please respond to tclug-list@mn-linux.org