Re: [TCLUG:17648] Moving the install & Linux fdisk 20gb IDE drive h*ll

I'm not so sure that LBA is a kludge.  AFAIK, LBA has
_always_ been used w/ SCSI disks.  Also, I think that
LBA came about when drives reached about 504(?)MB in
size (which is before Windows 95).  LBA is, AFAIK, more
efficient than normal (which is probably ECHS "large")
disk support.

I've never had any problems with Linux accessing any of
my LBA drives.  Make sure you have INT13 extensions
turned on in your BIOS (you do have them turned on, don't
you?)

Nick Reinking

carls@agritech.com, on 05/15/2000 09:03:36 AM